Thursday, April 12, 2012

How to Clean a Microwave

Went to reheat my coffee this morning, and I suddenly realized how nasty the inside of my microwave was!


Ew.

Step 1: Gather your supplies

I have a microwave safe bowl with some water in it, a wet wash rag, and lemon juice.



Step 2: Prepare the cocktail

Place the wet rag in the water and put about a tablespoons worth of lemon juice on top.



Step 3: Say goodbye to grime

Place the cocktail in the microwave and nuke it for 3-5 minutes. I did 3 because I know it will loosen up everything in there, but some microwaves are lesser powered than mine and you may have to nuke it for up to 5 minutes. Please keep an eye on it. No one like the smell of a burning rag.



Step 4: Protection!

Even though you're going to use oven mitts to get the bowl out of the microwave, that rag is going to be SUPER BURNING HOT!



Step 5: Squeeze

Gingerly squeeze the rag... 



and place it over the bowl. This will help it cool down fast enough so you can handle it.


Step 6: Wipe!

Just wipe until it's all squeeeeeeeky clean! If it doesn't come off easily, just nuke the rag and water again for another couple of minutes. Don't forget the inside of the door! Also, take out the turn table and wash it in the sink with warm soapy water.


Step 7: Be in heaven.

So much nicer! And lemony fresh too!



Enjoy!

With Love,
Emily

3 comments:

  1. beautiful! you totally reminded me i need to do this too. my microwave is definitely not an appetizing place right now lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this.. I use a coffee mug filled with vinegar and heat it. I will have to try this...thanks for taking on us this journey with you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soooo doing this!

    Lesley
    http://byporchlight.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete